Last year I was given the chance to host a cookie exchange courtesy of Hershey Chocolates. I had a great time baking up all the different cookies and sharing it with family and friends. I know normally with a cookie swap each person attending would bake a certain kind of cookie and bake enough so that the guests attending can have one at the party and one to take home in their take home boxes. I just did all the baking and made favor boxes of cookies for all those attending. Anyhow when they sent the box it had packs of the Betty Crocker Cookie Peanut Butter mix. They had recipe card and one was for a recipe called Peanut Butter Blossoms. I have been looking for different recipes and I jumped at the chance to make them. Saying that they were the fan favorites is an understatement. Everyone loved them and they were gone so fast there weren’t even enough for everyone to get to take home. So I hope online and found a recipe for the cookies to make them from scratch. I am not against using short cuts but I love baking from scratch. Here’s the recipe….
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
- About 7 dozen Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Note: Since I have used this recipe I have never gotten 7 dozen cookies from it. I will say about 5 dozens it just depends on how big or small you make your cookies. Don’t make them too small though or it could bake to crispy and hard to put the chocolate kisses in the cookies. You can also use any kind of Hershey kiss in the center of the cookie. I hope you give it a try.
The Submissive Wife