So I posted my updated blog on Sunday about our new dish night and said to look out for the new dish I would be doing on Saturday well to my amaze that came much more sooner than later. That same day my husband asked me to bake him a molten chocolate cake. I was super excited because Steve is not a chocolate fan. So I immediately looked for a recipe, scan my baking cabinet to see if I had the ingredients and headed to the store to get what I was missing. I couldn’t believe that I was going to try something like this and see how it when. Well here is the easy recipe I used to it wouldn’t seem to hard and overly complicated and I must admit it was super easy.
- 110 g / 4 oz dark chocolate
- 115 g / 4 oz or 8 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g / 6 tbsp flour
- 80 g / 6 tbsp sugar
- Dark/white chocolate,cut in small pieces
- Preheat your oven at 400 F (200C).
- Melt the chocolate and butter using a double boiler.
- Greased 6 individual molds (silicone or large muffin pan).
- Use an electric mixer to mix together the eggs with the sugar, until your preparation has a nice light white colour.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix.
- Pour in the molds and add the extra pieces of crushed chocolate in the preparation.
- Place in the oven for about 12-13 min and take out.
- Let cool down a bit before unmolding.